SIGNIFICANCE OF JEWISH FEASTS:
Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and Pentecost are Spring festivals on the Jewish calendar and are counted from the Full Moon in Nissan. All prophetic events related to the spring festivals have been fulfilled already. These were fulfilled at Jesus’ first coming, on succssive feast days…
1. Passover, the Lamb slain, was the crucifixion of Jesus.
2. Unleavened Bread was the burial of Jesus moving our sins outside the… camp.
3. Firstfruits, the day after the Sabbath after His death depicts His resurrection; the first resurrection of many.
4. Pentecost– 50 days from Firstfruits; The Holy Spirit came in power, writing His law upon our hearts. Three thousand were saved and the Church was born.
We now live in the parenthesis between the fulfilled Spring Festivals and the unfulfilled Fall Festivals.
Sundown September 13, 2015 marks the beginning of the Jewish Fall festivals. The three fall feasts are reckoned from the first day signified by the new moon in the 7th month of Tishrei. This is the only Holy Day marked by a new moon and is the Feast of Trumpets; aka the Jewish New Year 5776.
The Fall Feasts will be (imo) also fulfilled on successive feast days as were the Spring feasts. These are:
5. Rosh Hoshana, the final awakening of the First Resurrection will probably occur on this future feast day.
6. Day of Atonement, will probably be fulfilled by the Second Coming of Christ on this future feast day.
7. Feast of Tabernacles, will be fulfilled by Jesus establishing His Millennial Reign upon the Earth.
(Author’s note: The date of the Rapture of the Bride remains a mystery as our Lord intended; and as Luke 21:36 admonishes we need to ‘watch and pray’ that we may be ready when the Groom comes for His Bride.) It could happen anytime; PERHAPS TODAY!)